A christian camp and retreat center
Statement Of Beliefs
About us and the “Mission” of Grand Oaks Baptist Assembly, Inc. is to provide a place whereby churches, Associations and individuals may “win the lost, disciple the saved and train believers for Christian service.”
Grand Oaks, as a member of Christian Camp & Conference Association affirms the Statement of Faith of that organization which is:
WE BELIEVE IN…
- The Holy Scriptures as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct;
- The Triune God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
- The deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His substitutionary atonement for sin, His bodily resurrection and His personal, visible return to earth to reign in righteousness and glory;
- The Person of the Holy Spirit and His work of conviction, regeneration and sanctification, who indwells every believer equipping them with gifts for service and witness;
- The necessity of new birth, in salvation by faith in Jesus Christ alone and the importance of a life fully committed to the will of God in Christ; and
- The church as the one universal body of Christ who is the Head, called to be God’s redeemed people.
Grand Oaks is owned and operated by eight Associations of north and north central Missouri Southern Baptists. In matters of faith and practice we affirm the Southern Baptist Convention Statement of Faith known as the Baptist Faith and Message. Click Here to download a copy.
About us today, Grand Oaks continues the vision of serving youth and children. The purpose as stated in our Constitution is “…to win the lost, disciple the saved, and train persons in Christian service.” The philosophy of the Board in decision making concerning improvements and policy is to first serve our core group, but if in doing so, others may be served also, then so be it. Consequently, Grand Oaks remains primarily a summer camp serving youth and children. However we also are available to other groups when available as long as the group is not in opposition to our beliefs as a Christian organization. Each year several family reunions are held here as well as special events and retreats for various denominations. Those events range from outdoor campcraft training to summer camps.
Thousands of young people have attended camps at Grand Oaks and year after year approximately 10% of those attending profess faith in Christ or make other life changing decisions. God has truly blessed the vision of those early pioneers and has certainly honored the many gifts and hours of labor given to make Grand Oaks what it is today. We hope to see you at camp someday!